Monday, November 19, 2007

Johnny Thunder's Email Communication

Email exchange with Johnny.

Hey,
I can’t find any bank statements, but see below which are my diary entries. I think that’s got all the info you need.
Johnny.
--------------------------------------------------
To - Johnny Thunders
From –
Subject – Re : Happy Christmas and a favour
---------------------------------------------------
Hi Johnny,
I’m sure I can help. Can you send me your bank statements and some more numbers so that I can work out all your incomes and costs and your year end assets and liabilities?
Best
Your new accountant ;-)
----------------------------------------------------
To -
From – Johnny Thunders
Subject – Happy Christmas and a favour
---------------------------------------------------
Hiya,
Happy Christmas. I hope you had a good 2007. As you know, a year ago I came to New York with nothing. Sorry I haven’t been in touch, but I’ve been busy. When I arrived I took out a loan, found some work in a bar and stayed in a cheap hotel until I found myself a room. I bought a car and a suit which helped me to get a better job. I did so well that I was able to take a trip to Las Vegas, book a holiday to Hawaii and even lend money to my friend.
I hear you’re doing an accounting course so do you think you could do my accounts for the year?
Take care and get in touch
Johnny


Johnny's Diary

January -

NOTE 1 - I started staying in a hotel on credit. The bill was running at about $500 a week.

NOTE 2 - I took out a $5,000 high interest loan and opened a bank account for my money

February

NOTE 3 - I got a bar job. I took home $2,000 a month after tax and got paid on the last day of the month.

March

NOTE 4 - I settled my hotel bill which cost me $4,000 and moved into a room which cost just $300 a month which I had to pay at the start of each month.

NOTE 5 - After moving out of the hotel, I had to buy food, which cost me $250 a month.

April

NOTE 6 - At the start of the month, I bought a Ford car which was worth $9,000. $3,000 is due in a year, but the rest is payable in 12 equal instalments at the start of each new month starting from 1 April.

NOTE 7 - I paid for the annual insurance for the car for $2,400 at the start of this month and the petrol cost £250 a month.

June

NOTE 8 - Spent $500 on my suit for an interview.

July

NOTE 9 - Quit the bar job and took an office job earning $3,000 a month after tax. I don't get paid until the middle of the next month so my first pay was on 15 August.

August

NOTE 10 - On August 20 I repaid my loan including $1,000 of interest.

September

NOTE 11 - Lent $1,500 to my friend Jana

Oct

NOTE 12 - Lost $1,000 gambling in Las Vegas

Nov

NOTE 13 - Paid a $750 deposit for a holiday in Hawaii.

Dec

My bank statement today (Dec 24th) says $4,600.

No comments: